The properties of Pterostilbene
Pterostilbene (trans-3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxystilbene) is a stilbenoid chemically related to resveratrol. In plants, it serves a defensive phytoalexin role. Pterostilbene differs from resveratrol by exhibiting increased bioavailability (80% compared to 20% in resveratrol) due to the presence of two methoxy groups which cause it to exhibit increased lipophilic and oral absorption.
- May increase LDL (Pterostilbene on metabolic parameters: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled trial).
- Promotes cellular health while aging when paired with TRU NIAGEN®(nicotinamide riboside).
- Promotes healthy energy metabolism (in rats) (Repeat dose NRPT (nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene) increases NAD+ levels in humans safely and sustainably: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study).
- May reduce oxidative stress (in human cells in vitro).
- May support mood in preliminary studies (in mice).
- May promote cognitive health during aging (in animals).