The properties of Ginkgo Biloba in supplements
Ginkgo Biloba (Ginkgo Biloba)
|TBS Ingredient ID (TBSI ID):||IH34CBA0|
|Ginkgo Biloba||Ginkgo Leaf, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginkgo, Bao Gou, Yin-hsing, Maidenhair Tree, Ginkgo Leaf Powder|
|Ginkgo Folium||Ginkgo Folium|
|Ginkgo Biloba improves the flow of blood to the brain and increases oxygen to the brain cells. It is often used as an effective cognitive enhancer and memory booster. Ginkgo possesses anti-coagulating properties and prevents the formation of blood clots. This could in turn reduce risk of stroke. This herb contains powerful antioxidants. Its terpenoids and flavonoids protect the body from free radical damage and cell oxidation.|
|Ginkgo can sometimes cause headaches and dizziness if taken in large doses. You should not take ginkgo if you are taking anti-depressants such as MAOI or SRRI medicines.|
|Parts Used Medicinally:||Leaves And Seeds|
|Ginkgo Biloba Is Native China But Is Also Cultivated In Japan, France And The Southern United States.|
Ginkgo Biloba (vinpocetine) – This ancient Chinese herb enjoys a long history of use for its memory-boosting effects. Turns out the ancients knew their stuff – modern studies link ginkgo biloba to significant improvements in short-term memory, mental performance and social functioning.
The extract increases tolerance to hypoxia and exhibits anti-ischaemic effect. It simultaneously improves the fluidity of blood, decreases platelet adhesion, decreases platelet and erythrocyte aggregation and reduces plasma and blood viscosity. The extract protects erythrocytes from haemolysis.
The extract also decreases the permeability of capillaries and protects the cell membrane by trapping deleterious free radicals.
- Promotes Healthy Brain Function (Effects of Ginkgo biloba on mental functioning in healthy volunteers).
- Supports Memory (Specific memory effects of Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 in middle-aged healthy volunteers).
- Can Support Antioxidant Balance (Ginkgo Biloba L. Extract Reduces H2O2-Induced Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Cytotoxicity by Regulating Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK) Signaling Pathways and Oxidative Stress).
- Supports Focus and Attention (The dose-dependent cognitive effects of acute administration of Ginkgo biloba to healthy young volunteers).
- Promotes General wellbeing (Effects of Ginkgo biloba on mental functioning in healthy volunteers).
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system (Cardioprotective Action of Ginkgo biloba Extract against Sustained β-Adrenergic Stimulation Occurs via Activation of M2/NO Pathway).