What are the properties of GABA in supplements?
The supplements containing GABA
If you know of any other quality supplement that has not been yet classified by us, please contact us and we will gladly consider adding it to our catalogue.
GABA - References & External links
GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)
|TBS Ingredient ID (TBSI ID):||IS4B12C0|
| PubChem CID: |
U.S. National Library of Medicine (PubChem)
| InChI Key: |
International Chemical Identifier hash (InChIKey) computed from chemical structure using the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) standard
| CAS: |
A proprietary registry number assigned by the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) division of the American Chemical Society (ACS)
| NIST: |
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
| ChemIDplus: |
United States National Library of Medicine - TOXNET (Toxicology Data Network).
| EC Number: |
A seven-digit regulatory identifier currently assigned by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) known as a European Community (EC) number
| ATC code: |
WHO ATC Classification System. The Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) Classification System is used for the classification of drugs. This pharmaceutical coding system divides drugs into different groups according to the organ or system on which they act and/or their therapeutic and chemical characteristics
| KEGG: |
Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG)
| UNII: |
FDA Substance Registration System - Unique Ingredient Identifier
The references to scientific articles about GABA are not meant to imply that any products treat, cure, or diagnose any disease or human condition. We encourage our audience to do their own research beyond the resources we have provided so your decision is as educated as possible.
- The general properties of GABA:
- PETROFF, Ognen AC. Book review: GABA and glutamate in the human brain. The Neuroscientist, 2002, 8.6: 562-573. PMID:12467378
- The properties of GABA for people active in sport:
- POWERS, Michael. GABA supplementation and growth hormone response. In: Acute Topics in Sport Nutrition. Karger Publishers, 2012, 2012: 36-46. PMID:23075553
- SAKASHITA, Maya; et al. Oral Supplementation Using Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid and Whey Protein Improves Whole Body Fat-Free Mass in Men After Resistance Training. Journal of clinical medicine research, 2019, 11.6: 428. PMID:31143310
Conclusions: The GABA and whey protein combination was more effective for increasing whole body fat-free mass; daily GABA supplementation may help enhance exercise-induced muscle hypertrophy.