The properties of Chlorophyll in supplements
Chlorophyll is registered as a food additive (colorant), and its E number is E140. Chlorophyll (also chlorophyl) is any of several related green pigments found in the mesosomes of cyanobacteria, as well as in the chloroplasts of algae and plants.
- the plant pigment that heals + detoxes better than all others.
- Helps fight cancer. Chlorophyll and liquid chlorophyllin can bind to potential carcinogens and interfere with how they’re absorbed within the human gastrointestinal track.
- Improves liver detoxification. It increases phase II biotransformation enzymes. These promote optimal liver health and therefore the body’s natural elimination of potentially harmful toxins.
- Speeds up wound healing. Chlorophyllin seems to slow the rate at which harmful bacteria reproduce, making it beneficial for wound healing and preventing infections.
- Improves digestion and weight control. Another way that chlorophyll improves detoxification is by speeding up waste elimination, balancing fluid levels and reducing cases of constipation.
- Protects skin. Chlorophyll’s antiviral effects make it a strong skin protector.