Brind J., Strain G., Miller L., Zumoff B., Vogelman J., Orentreich N.
International journal of obesity, 1990
The 24 h mean plasma concentrations of estrone sulfate (ES) were measured in 27 healthy obese and nonobese men (BMI: 21.2-89.5). Plasma levels of ES were found to be elevated in obese men, with ES values significantly correlated to the level of obesity (r = 0.60; P less than 0.001). Thus, an increase in plasma ES concentration (from 524 to 1115 pg/ml), compared to the less than 40 percent increases previously found for estrone and estradiol. Because ES is normally present at an approximately tenfold greater concentration than either estrone or estradiol in men, it may serve as a more easily measurable indicator of adipose tissue aromatization of androstenedione.
The best supplements with 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid in Ketogenic diet category: KETO BodyTone.
The best supplements with 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid in Weight Loss category: KETO BodyTone.
Articles similar to "Obese men have elevated plasma levels of estrone sulfate."
- The significance of 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid for Weight Loss: Ketone body metabolism in lean and obese women.
- The impact of 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid on Weight Loss: Short-term manipulation of plasma free fatty acids does not change skeletal muscle concentrations of ceramide and glucosylceramide in lean and overweight subjects.
- The significance of 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid for Weight Loss: Plasma B6 vitamer and plasma and urinary 4-pyridoxic acid concentrations of middle-aged obese black women.
- The role of 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid in Weight Loss: Two Healthy Diets Modulate Gut Microbial Community Improving Insulin Sensitivity in a Human Obese Population.
- The impact of 3-Hydroxybutyric Acid on Weight Loss: The modified Atkins diet.